Pages

Wednesday 7 March 2012

Work...

Some days I love my job, some days I would rather shoot myself in the foot than go to work, its one of those things that I know everyone goes through, but today was  one of those day where I look at some of my customers and think gee I hope I'm like that when I'm their age.

Our cafe is in a changing country town that is becoming more urbanized but still a lot of our customers are delightful older country people lovely old gentlemen and ladies. The kind that when you look at them you think I hope when I'm their age that I'm just a much in love with my husband as they are and that my husband treats me the way these women are treated. I look at the grandmothers with their grandbabies and I know that that's what my mum would be like, also I'm pretty sure that in an ideal world she would have them by now but thats not the way things have worked out.

But these are the days that I love my job and when I finish work for the day and come home tired stinking of coffee these are the things that I remember that make me smile

4 comments:

  1. I agree! I love when old couples come into my work and they're joking with each other or holding hands or still flirty with one another. It gives you hope and a good feeling about love and life.
    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment, I love the hope that comes from seeing lovely people enjoying their lives

      Delete
  2. So sweet. Sounds like the perfect place to have a cup of coffee and people watch. : ) I love watching older people...they are the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment, people watching is one of the most fun things about my job

      Delete