Pages

Wednesday 13 June 2012

Money Monday..... on a wednesday.....? whoops

because it makes me smile and sometimes we all need a hug

The past couple of weeks have been slightly hellish for me money wise, I've been trying really hard at sticking to my 'budget' and idea of what I have to spend but sometimes I fail,  I've posted about it on here before and I will continue to because being honest and having this blog to report to is a way of keep me on track.

So what have I done to help myself money wise lately?

- Reduced my credit card limit on my original card to $7800 (I'm aiming to have it down to under 7K within the next 2 months)

- Paid at least $150 off my credit card debt each week, some weeks just that much but others like this week I also made a payment on my no interest card of $60

- Started learning to use and appreciate the word 'no', even when its hard, like when my sister wants me to go to a Lady Antebellum Concert with her (yes, yes please!! NO!),  saying no to even walking into all the shops that are having their end of financial year sales (nope keep walking lady), saying no to going out to the movies with my girl friends (how about you come over and we watch one of the 1000s of DVDs I have instead)

I am making progress, it was never going to be a all or nothing statement with me, I can't quit spending cold turkey, I tried that with sugar this week it made me quite ill, but I can do the little cut each and every day that will make a difference in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment